using a jacuzzi tub as a shower

Old 01-04-05, 08:04 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
using a jacuzzi tub as a shower

I took out a shower unit and want to install a jacuzzi tub but looking at the tub it doesn't look practical to use as a shower. I want both. Is it a practical thing to do, it just looks like it may not be. One thing is with the jets the tub won't leave as much standing room, and how would the walls come down to the tub without a leak problem. I also don't see it to look right with a shower curtain and would a soaking tub look right with a shower dood on it. Can any one help me decide and give me a few clues as to what I am into?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-05, 06:39 PM
There are tubs out there that will do what you want but they are shaped like a regular tub, not a hot tub. Check your local plumbing supply store.

Old 01-04-05, 07:28 PM
beroofed,

For the reasons you mentioned it is impractical to have a combo whirlpool/shower if we are talking about a unit that is;

1. A drop-in whirlpool - Placed over a wood frame
2. A whirlpool that you intend to install as an undermount with a seating edge surrounding it.
3. A whirlpool that is 60" or 66" long and narrow.

There are whirlpools available that have the skirting but these do not usually appeal to many in a shower type combo. Based upon the size you desire, if large, we have issues like shower doors or shower curtain. These also do not have a tapered top that would allow for drainage of water back into the tub.

Your choices are limited here but it is based upon what you like and how you will apply what you already know.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-05-05, 06:49 AM
B
much help guys, thanks. After I see all agree it is not practical I will go back to a regular tub cause I don't want to give up my shower.
thanks all

Old 01-05-05, 06:51 AM
beroofed,

You're welcome!

Go with what you want and need

Good Luck!