vanity/sink replacement help

Old 01-18-05, 11:19 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question vanity/sink replacement help

Need to replace our vanity/sink in the bathroom. The sink top and vanity top is tiled with ceramic tile. I cannot replace the sink without ruining the tile, so I plan to replace the whole thing. Cannot find a vanity/sink that fits the floor tile hole left by removal of the old vanity. What would be the best thing to cover the hole left in the floor tile before installing the new sink, and what should be used to seal the space between the new countertop and the ceramic tile on the wall? The ceramic tile on the wall has some slight "humps" from the tile not being completely flush, so there will be gap to fill. Also, are there any other major hurdles that I might encounter that I am not considering ? Any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks

Old 01-18-05, 12:43 PM
H
Just to be clear, the current tile floor was tiled up to the vanity and the vanity is not on top of the floor? If that is the case maybe you can find the same tiles somewhere and finish off the floor. That will raise the vanity and may hide the gap between the new vanity and the tile on the wall.

The vanity should have been placed on top of the tiles to avoid this situation, but unfortunately it is too late for that.

Old 01-18-05, 02:31 PM
S
Vanity/tile

Thanks for the response. Yes, the tiles run up to the existing vanity and stop. The tile work was done a couple of years ago and the vanity was already there for many years and was already tiled on top (and attached to the tile on the rear wall tile). I will take your advice and remove the vanity and install tile under the new one before proceeding with reinstallation. Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: