Waterproofing Window in Shower/Tub

Old 01-26-05, 09:36 PM
MCGrad02
Visiting Guest
Cool Waterproofing Window in Shower/Tub

I am looking at buying a house and had a question about the shower situation. Right now, in the bathroom, there is only a tub (it doesn't have the shower head at all). I would like to put in the plumbing to have a shower head put in, but I have a problem. There's a window right in the center above the tub. Is there a way to waterproof the wood on the window so it doesn't rot? Like a waterproofing paint or sealant, etc? I would like to know before I start the process of getting the house, so I know what I'm up against in getting this situation solved. Any help/tips/etc. would be greatly appreciated!!!

Old 01-27-05, 03:46 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
MCGrad02,

Unsure what you are planning but to resolve the issue without worry is to do the window with glass block. Look at this link -

http://dougaphs.smugmug.com/gallery/229281

It may give you ideas that will take any worry away from you. Ceramic tile is flush with the window on the inside - no standing water, no edge, easy to clean. Inexpensive to do.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-29-05, 04:34 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You can replace the window with a vinyl window or glass block. Wrap the inside of the framing with cment board and cauld the gap between the windo and the backer giving the sill a bit of a pitch so water drains off. Then water proof the cment board with Redguard or Latticrete blue 9237 so that no water gets through the cment board into the framing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: