Kitchen Questions

Old 03-05-05, 11:02 AM
ParksPlace
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb Kitchen Questions

I have recently purchased my first home. It is a dome home, and everything about is wonderful...except for the kitchen. The kitchen has beautiful light wood cabinets, and there the beauty ends. The walls are covered in a very busy wallpaper - maroon vertical stripes with maroon flowers between the stripes. The floor is a laminate with tile appearance, in shades from light tan to dar maroon. The countertops are deep red - appears to be some sort of laminate covering over pressed wood, and all appliances are white. I'm ready to start remodeling, and I want to start with the countertops. My question is...can I put some sort of covering over the countertops I have? I'm not sure I want to just replace them, as they appear to be in fine shape. It's just the color I am unhappy with. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Old 03-05-05, 01:04 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Paints and coatings are not a long-term durable option. If counter is not post-formed, roll-edge top, it may be possible to tile over the laminate. But, starting from scratch will probably tend to be a lot easier.

Old 03-18-05, 03:29 PM
ParksPlace
Visiting Guest
Cool

Well, after looking around at my options, it appears that replacing the whole countertop will be the best way to go. Guess the hard part will be to find the right color to go with the floor and the cabinets. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: