Caulk for kitchens and baths

Old 03-16-05, 07:55 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Caulk for kitchens and baths

I need a caulk that's white for my kitchen and bath that won't yellow. I used one before and it is that "extreme" stuff but it looks awful. None of the GE or Dap caulks state that they won't yellow.

Thanks!

Old 03-16-05, 09:16 AM
J
This is used by people who install windows and need to caulk the aluminum capping. It doesn't yellow even in the sun which is --yellow It is appropriate for you. Find it in a building supply house. Don't let it get wet for 24 hrs. Read the pdf document at the sight and decide. I think you should be able to find a nonyellowing caulk at the depot or lowes but if you don't trust them this one works pretty good.

http://www.osiproseries.com/adhesive...aulk/index.htm

Old 03-16-05, 09:36 AM
C
Thank you. Now how do I get the old yellow stuff off?

Old 03-16-05, 10:57 AM
J
never used it but if it is the ge silicone stuff you will have to carefully cut it out. They have a tool that is a four inch blade with a handle that is marketed as a wallpaper removal tool. They do a good job along with a utility knife.There is also a caulk removal tool made of plastic that may or may not work so buy it in the depot so you can bring it back. It is best if you get rid of all the silicone. Take a look here if it becomes a problem removing it.

http://www.amtexchemical.com/pages/1/index.htm

Old 03-17-05, 09:11 AM
C
Thank you again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: