Measuring for a Faucet

Old 03-30-05, 07:09 AM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Measuring for a Faucet

This may seem like a simple question but it has me a little confused and I want to be certain I understand it before I carry through with a project.

I am going to replace my bathroom sink. It's a countertop sink that sets on a vanity. I'm keeping the vanity - just replacing the countertop sink.

In looking over the options (Corian, etc), the instructions ask for a measurement for cutting out the faucet holes. The options are: None, One hole, 4-inch and 8-inch.

How do I measure the faucet holes correctly? When I look underneath the sink there's three holes for the faucet. Do I measure the distance from the centers of the two outer holes? Is the center hole measurement just factored in once they have the measurements from the two outer holes?

I'm a little confused and want to make sure the holes are drilled correctly. Could anyone explain this to me a little more clearly? Thank you!

Old 03-30-05, 07:34 AM
You are correct on the proper way to measure the distance between the holes. I would, for clarification purposes, also add that the faucet has a pop-up drain. This way they will install that hole in case they normally don't. Good luck with your project.

Old 03-30-05, 08:24 AM
V
Smile

Thanks for the confirmation as well as the good idea of mentioning the pop-up drain! I appreciate your quick response too!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: