Approximate Price/Tile shower

Old 04-17-05, 02:09 AM
HomeschoolMom
Visiting Guest
Approximate Price/Tile shower

I know this is a really hard question but here goes. Can someone give me a ballpark on the labor cost of a tile shower 54"X48"?

Thanks very much!!

Old 04-17-05, 10:21 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can look at about 10-15 dollars a square foot labor/materials on shower walls. Then add tile which can be a buck to several dollars a foot. You could guess safe at around 12 bucks a sqft for shower walls. If the shower floor needs to be done that can have a big range also but figure the same amount there too.
Call and get some bids. Some people might be less expensive. I know we will do it for eight sometimes.
Later
Bryan

Old 04-19-05, 01:08 AM
HomeschoolMom
Visiting Guest
Thank you so much for your reply. There is only one tile guy in our area and he is friend of my fathers, so I don't want to call him unless the cost would be somewhere near our budget. Your answere helps a great deal.

Old 04-20-05, 03:08 AM
D
You must live in a really small town if there is only one tile guy. If money is an issue do it yourself. There is a tile forum on this site and there are some very knowledgeable guys on there. We would love to walk you through the process if you would like to tackle it yourself.
Good Luck
Bryan

Old 04-21-05, 05:37 AM
HomeschoolMom
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the suggestion Bryan, I did consider doing it myself. I think I could handle the walls but not the pan. I'm already doing most of this project myself (DH is too busy) and I would like my daughters to be able to use their bathroom before they head off to college. The prices that you gave me are well within our budget so I am going to call the tile guy. I don't know why tile setters are
so scarce in our area. Thanks again!

Lelah

Old 04-21-05, 01:21 PM
D
Good luck then. You'll be happy with everything. The prices I gave you were a little on the high side. I just did one for someone I knew a little and gave them a good deal by doing it at night.
Enjoy
Bryan

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: