Re-Porcelain a Tub/Sink - NOT Re-glaze.

Old 06-21-05, 04:42 AM
Mason156
Visiting Guest
Re-Porcelain a Tub/Sink - NOT Re-glaze.

We have a large iron sink that we want to reporcelain. This is not reglazing -like the Miracle Method or others - this is actually sandblasting off the old porcelain and reporcelaining a sink including heating the thing up to 1400°F in a huge oven. We have already been in contact with a place near St. Louis that does this, but are thinking that there must be some place closer. We live in New England and have relatively easy access to to both the Boston and New York City metro areas. Does anyone know of a place that reporcelains in these areas?

Thank You,

Steve

PS: For an idea of what I'm talking about, check out this link:
Custom Ceramics

Old 06-21-05, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Steve,

Best option is to do some more searching locally - make some calls to plumbing suppliers. Either ship your sink out or invest in another new one.

Good Luck!

Old 06-22-05, 05:55 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There are companies who offer reproductions. If you live in a historic New England home, I realize redoing the piece is important. My internet research only turned up the same company that you found. Perhaps if you contacted this company, they might know of a company that offers the same services that is closer to home. Surely, they are not the only company in the country that does this type of work.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: