bathroom tub--cast iron vs. fiberglass

Old 06-29-05, 07:35 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
bathroom tub--cast iron vs. fiberglass

I am in the process of gathering all the stuff to remodel my bathroom and wanted to ask advice on the tub. I have talked to several folks at stores that sell tubs and have gotten different recs--some say cast iron is best because it is durable, adn the only downside is the weight, others say fiberglass is better.

Any thoughts?

I've showered in fiberglass tubs before and some times I feel like you can tell they are hollow, and they feel cheap. right now i have a fiberglass tub w/ sides and it feels cheap (probably is). I'm planning on putting standard white tile around it.

Bryan

Old 06-29-05, 09:19 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
While weight is the bad factor, cast iron is the most durable tub you can buy. It will be around long after any other type tub has thrown in the towel. Good luck with your project.

Old 06-30-05, 02:53 PM
B
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I just went to Lowes and they have an American Standard Princeton Tub that I was looking at. It says it is made of Americast, which the person there couldn't tell me if this was cast iron or what. It seemed like a very sturdy and heavy tub. Any ideas?

Old 06-30-05, 03:33 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I have included American Standards website. If the Americast is not on that, type in Americast. It is a composition built tub. Not a whole lot of good comments posted here. We don't bad mouth manufacturers here so you will have to do the research and see if it meets your needs. Good luck

American Standard 1-800-442-1902
http://www.americanstandard-us.com/

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: