Any suggestions for buying a new kitchen sink?

Old 07-14-05, 12:03 PM
baldyguy
Visiting Guest
Any suggestions for buying a new kitchen sink?

I'm in need of a new kitchen sink. I went to home depot to look at some sinks and I've seen some nice ones there.

I don't quite understand how there's two almost identical alum sinks and one would cost $100 than the other? It seems that it has the same dimension and one would have a 18 gauge and the other would have a 20 gauge.

what am I not understanding? Someone help!

Old 07-14-05, 02:45 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Aluminum or stainless steel? The gauge makes a BIG difference in strength and price. Depth will also add to the cost. The gauge will keep you from getting dents and dings later. good luck.

Old 07-15-05, 02:27 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
One thing to watch out for at HD is the 'special order pricing'. I wanted to get one of the acrylic sinks but they only had white in stock and I wanted black. Well, head to the pricing book and the black was DOUBLE the cost of the white! So, ended up sticking with SS - I just can't imagine spending that much for a sink, plus I was so ticked that there was that much of a difference in price for the same product but a different colour

The gauge makes a huge difference and also the finish on the SS - personally, I think brushed is better than the smooth, shiny surface when it comes to cleaning and keeping it looking nice.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: