Dishwashers with granite counters

Old 08-10-05, 06:14 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dishwashers with granite counters

I'm in the final stages of construction for my new home, and the dishwasher is all hooked up. However, this dishwasher is designed to screw into the countertop. With the countertops being granite, this won't work. Some dishwashers are made to also go into the sides of the cabinets, however this one is not. I'd imagine this is an issue from time to time. Is there an easy way to do this? Otherwise, my 17 month old son will quickly discover that the dishwasher comes out...

Old 08-10-05, 06:25 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
One of the posts I saw here said to (room permitting) epoxy a wooden block to the Granite and then screw into that. This may be an option for you. Good luck.

Old 08-10-05, 06:21 PM
If there is no room for the block call the countertop fabricator and ask them for some advice.

Old 08-11-05, 06:27 AM
H
Our countertop installer drilled two tiny holes and attached the dishwasher to the granite. Call your installer as they should have done this when they installed the counters.

Old 08-11-05, 07:42 AM
K
My installer ran a strip of double firring (fir strip--that doesn't look right) about 1/4 " thick between both sides of the cabinet and mounted it to the cabinet before install. However, it has never been screwed in--its on my to do list, but isn't a high priority--and my monkey child can't pull it out. Since I added a panel to the door, the door is fairly heavy and even when the monkey child stands on it it doesn't tip.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: