Wall Oven

Old 08-11-05, 08:30 PM
trixie123
Visiting Guest
Wall Oven

Hi

I am building a new home and I am considering a wall oven. The only spot for the oven is across from the island. There is about 40 inches from the oven to the island. When the door of the oven is open it is kind of a tight squeeze between the open oven and the counter. Builder claims it is up to code, but I am not sure. What is the usual space needed?

Old 08-11-05, 08:35 PM
trixie123
Visiting Guest
Hi

I am building a new home and I am considering a wall oven. The only spot for the oven is across from the island. There is about 40 inches from the oven to the island. When the door of the oven is open it is kind of a tight squeeze between the open oven and the counter. Builder claims it is up to code, but I am not sure. What is the usual space needed?

We need to make our selections soon. please help if you can. thanks

Old 08-12-05, 12:41 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How often do you leave the oven door open and then a parade reroutes itself through your kitchen?

Old 08-12-05, 10:13 AM
trixie123
Visiting Guest
Wall Oven

Thank you. I am cracking up.

I am still not sure what to do. It will be about a $3,000 upgrade to get this oven and if it is too close to the island I will really be upset. I was just wondering if there was an industry standard for oven door clearnace.

Old 08-12-05, 10:29 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I don't know "industry standards" but my full size stove oven door is 21". I wouldn't consider 19" a tight squeeze. I would go for it. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: