cutting a counter top

Old 09-11-05, 10:09 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
cutting a counter top

I have a new counter top for a bathroom vanity. I need to cut the counter top for the new sink. Is there a special blade so I do not ruin or chip the finish? Can I use a jigsaw? and are there any tricks while cutting so I do not have to order another counter top. Thank you

Old 09-11-05, 07:02 PM
T
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You don't mention what material the new top is made of....

However, typically, a fine tooth blade in a sabre saw will cut nicely through just about any pre-fab countertop. Measure your hole.... and have a cup of coffee.... come back and measure it again. Go get your drill and bit to drill a starter hole for your jig saw.... then measure it one more time.....

Cover the area to be cut with masking tape to protect the finish from the saw and reduce chipping. Draw the outline of your new sink insert... then measure it one last time. Remember, your hole will be smaller than the lip of the new sink (I know that sounds condescending, but I've seen people drop a new sink right through their new hole).

Cut away!!

That reminds me... I've got to put a new sink in my new wet bar tomorrow..... Wonder where my sabre saw is........

Old 09-12-05, 07:05 PM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
sounds great

My counter top is made of arborite? I think........the thin finish glued to the top of the counter..........not marble.
I do not want to drop my sink through the hole (or ruin it forthat matter). I bought everything at Depot thinking they would cut the hole for the sink but they would not. thanks and a 9am beer sounds great!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: