What kind of Bathroom Vent should i get

Old 10-02-05, 07:03 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What kind of Bathroom Vent should i get

I am having a roofer come out and fix some troubled areas, and i figured that while he's up there i can have him install a roof vented fan for my bathroom that currently does not have any ventilation (killing at least one extra bird with one stone). However, i know next to nothing about fans or what i should look for. This bathroom will be remodeled within the next 2-3 years so i probably will not hook up the fan to the ductwork until then, but i figured i could get this part done now. The bathroom itself is at most 12'x8' and is on the second floor. There is access to the attic. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Pat

Old 10-02-05, 08:30 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Bathroom fans are sized by "square footage" of the bathroom. Measure your bath - and go from there. There are numerous varieties from plain ole fans to fans with lights, both incandescant and fluorescent to fans with heat lamps to toast your skin while drying off from the shower... All personal preferences....

Old 10-05-05, 09:29 PM
neonhomer
Visiting Guest
I and my brother in-law have both installed fantech brand fans. They are the type of exhaust fans that are mounted in the attic instead of right in the ceiling. This helps to make them quieter which is nice.

http://fantech.net/

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: