Taking a shower door off

Old 10-20-05, 01:55 PM
Davisbt
Visiting Guest
Taking a shower door off

We moved into our house a couple of years ago. We have decided to remodel the bathroom. I've already posted a question about termites/sheetrock, but I have one more. The bathroom currently has a shower/tub combination with sliding doors. I HATE the doors. I want to take them off and just use a curtain. However, this will leave holes in the wall. Any suggestions on what to cover these with so that it will look good?

Old 10-20-05, 02:16 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
This depends on the material the screws go through. If it's tile, I really don't know how you could match the color. Filling in the holes is not a big problem. It's the matching that will take some finess. Good luck and watch this post for more answers that may help you out.

Old 10-20-05, 02:20 PM
Davisbt
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the reply. It is a figerglass shower/tub combination. What would I fill it in with and once that is done is there something I need to put over it to protect the holes from moisture?

Old 10-20-05, 03:15 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I would use 100% silicone to fill in the holes. This will also protect from moisture.

Old 10-21-05, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Davisbt: i'm planning on doing the exact same thing once we move into our new/old house. please post back with your results!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: