Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

How can I change the color of my laminate countertop?

How can I change the color of my laminate countertop?

Old 11-02-05, 08:35 PM
tsmithee2003
Visiting Guest
Red face How can I change the color of my laminate countertop?

I'm getting ready to redo a kitchen with the cabinets being green and the walls a yellowish color for a tuscan feel. The problem is that the counter tops are white. Is there anyway to change the color at all besides replacing it? I so do not know what I'm talking about but could you possibly use something that would stain it? I know I left plenty of stains with Kool-aid so I didn't know. Thanks

Old 11-03-05, 06:15 AM
Group Moderator
Received 266 Upvotes on 217 Posts
Anything that you use on the countertop for color will sooner or later (most likely sooner) rub or scratch off and look pretty bad. Have you considered ceramic tiling the countertop? Lots of color and pattern options and about the only difficult part is having to remove the sink and set it back in afterwards. You can get tiling instruction at most home centers if you check their schedule of seminars. They will mostly talk about floor tiling, but most of the procedures are the same.

Old 11-03-05, 06:20 AM
tsmithee2003
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the advice!

Old 11-03-05, 01:11 PM
tsmithee2003
Visiting Guest
Heard another Idea!

What about laminate sheets? I heard you could put those over the existing countertop? Any info?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: