Tips on installing vanity/sink

Old 12-02-05, 07:32 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tips on installing vanity/sink

I am installing a Glacier Bay vanity/sink combo. I just would like a couple tips from the pros.

First of all, I noticed that the vanity have little feet on it that raise it off the floor about 1/4 of an inch. I've only seen the ones that sit directly on the floor. Is this considered a good feature? I wonder about water getting under there. But perhaps it being off the floor a bit is a good thing in regards to water?

Another tip I'm looking for is what can I use to hide the fact my wall isn't flush/straight against the rear of the vanity (vertically). The wall is slightly crooked. Do I just use caulk here?

And finally, my sink will sit in a corner. Being that the sink already has it's own backsplash, I was hoping to get a side splash to match. I cannot seem to locate one. Is it perfectly acceptable to have it against the side wall (a 25x19 sink) without the side splash or am I asking for water damage by not having one?

I know, simple questions, but this is my first vanity/sink install. I've already asked plumbing ques up the wazooo.

THANKS !
KELLY

Old 12-02-05, 07:41 PM
Kelly,

The issue of the bottom pads is something that I personally would remove. You usually attach the cabinet to the walls and cabinets rest directly on the floor unless we are talking about a more contemporary look.

If you are concerned about water under the cabinet, I would hire a better plumber. Really, the issue is how you have your bathroom fixtures arranged. The best defense to water is to apply a small bead of silicone caulk to the base of the cabinet. This will assist in any outside water from tracking to the cabinet base. The other issue is that as long as the plumbing is done well to the faucet and drain assembly, you should have no worries.

When walls are not true, caulk can be applied if the deviation is not much. No backsplash is really no problem, apply some caulk which will provide protection.

Hope this helps!

Old 12-03-05, 10:46 AM
R
Thanks so much

Your reply is a big help.

~Kelly

Old 12-03-05, 10:49 AM
Kelly,

You're very welcome!

Need more help at anything, the Forum is always here!

Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: