Bathroom fixtures

Old 01-11-06, 09:44 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bathroom fixtures

What are the guidelines for laying out bathroom fixtures, as far as distance between bathtub and toilet? I am thinking you need so much space in front of the toilet? But am not sure how much, any body know by chance?

Old 01-12-06, 03:03 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
I don't believe there are any standard measurements from the front of the comode to the tub. Mainly whatever you can provide with comfort. I grew up in a house where you could sit on the commode, wash your feet in the tub and wash your hands in the sink without moving. Sit in a chair and measure the distance between your mid thigh and your knees and add a little for comfort. That will give you what you need. You may want to consider rearranging the layout if possible.

Old 01-21-06, 11:24 AM
G
I guess this probably better answers my question.

http://www.doityourself.com/info/h2designabathroom.htm

Old 01-21-06, 12:50 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I believe the layout in the link is for ideas. Many codes I have seen state 15" from center of toilet to anything on either side. I have not seen a code on front clearances. Good luck.

Old 01-27-06, 06:54 AM
J
Our new bath was laid out so there is 4 feet between the toilet and the shower. That works well if you have the space and choose to use it that way. When I use it I still feel spoiled and rather rich. Our other bathroom has barely 2 feet. Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: