Solid Surface Countertops

Old 02-15-06, 03:10 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Solid Surface Countertops

Does anyone have any experience installing kitchen countertops? I found a company that sells "solid surface kits" via the web but don't know if I should tackle this kind of a do it yourself project myself. It seems like a doable DIY project plus I will save close to 50% doing it my self. That's alot of money. I have been quoted $5000 for the project from an installer but I can get everything I need including shipping costs for almost half that amount from this company.

thanks ahead of time
d

Old 02-15-06, 04:18 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Basic installation only requires silicone and two big bubbas to carry the stuff. You get into the "gotcha" stage when you consider cutting sink holes, etc. See if you have the availability of tools to perform the cutting maneuvers you need. That will give you an indication of whether or not it is DIY stuff. Consider, also, what you will be using for backsplash. Will it be the same stuff as the countertop, or tile, etc. How many corners do you have? Can you buy it already cut for corners. What is your longest run? Do you have to seam it anywhere? Sometimes getting the material on site is one job. Putting it all together is another one. It can be done, but you have to justify it. Good luck with it!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: