Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

any recommendation on brand of faucets to buy...

Old 03-20-06, 11:10 AM
jrchairbag
Visiting Guest

I live in Florida, (land of hardwater / water softner systems and of course hurricanes), and I am finally getting my bathrooms and kitchen fixed. I saw and liked Pegasus oil-rubbed bronze faucets at reasonable prices in Home Depot. I cannot find any write ups as to the quality of this manufacturer. Is anyone out there familiar with or recommend Pegasus? Also, any info on other brands that are reliable or possibly better?

jrc

Old 03-20-06, 12:00 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
jrchairbag, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
Pegasus is made by the same company that makes Glacier Bay (also for Home Depot). I have not seen anything good or bad about them. I would suggest that since you have water problems, you check at HD and see if there are repair parts for this faucet. I always stick with brands I can easily get parts for. Good luck.

Old 03-20-06, 05:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Check into the brands that boast solid brass waterways, such as Delta, PricePfister, and others. Some waterways are plastic, and you will be replacing them in short order due to failure. I have installed the Pegasus for customers during remodel, and they like them. Glacier Bay does make some of the least expensive faucets on the market, and their common lines are plastic, so beware.

Old 03-21-06, 10:23 AM
Dino
Visiting Guest
One by one as I have been replacing faucets throughout the house. I've been finding myself gravitating towards Kohler faucets. Quality brass construction, outstanding style selection. It's a reputable company that's been around for a long time and I expect the'll be there when and if I need replacement parts too.

Old 03-24-06, 08:11 AM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I like Moen for the same reasons. Built solid with brass and guaranteed for life against leaks and surface corrosion. I put in a mid-priced Peerless kitchen faucet about 2 years ago and it is already a piece of junk--corroded on the outside and leaks intermittently. I tried to replace some of the washers, etc... to no avail. I decided from now on to spend the extra money on better plumbing fixtures. I like the washerless design/cartridge thing better on my Moen.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: