Peerless fixtures...

Old 03-22-06, 08:48 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Peerless fixtures...

I recently discovered Lowes is selling Peerless fixtures now. I'm looking to buy new sink fixtures and noticed quite a price difference between Peerless and Moen or PF. I'm just curious as to why such a price difference exists. Does Peerless use a different technology or build? I noticed that most of the products (Moen, PF, Peerless) are made in China. They all have that in common. I didn't see a difference in the quality of the material used on the exterior.

Should I be concerned as to why there is such a price difference or should I just embrace the cost savings and go with Peerless products?

Help! Thanks in advance.

Old 03-22-06, 09:23 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
johnryan, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
The outside of most faucets will look good. It's the inside that matters. Many lower cost faucets are plastic with a faux chrome covering. The big name (and big price) fixtures are mostly brass on the inside with real chrome on the outside. You will find warranties for the external surface on many faucets. You also have tolerances for moving parts. Some may be within .001" while others settle for .010". This affects the way it seals and operates. Parts are another issue. Can you get parts 10 years from now. Maybe it doesn't make a difference to you. I believe Peerless is made in Michigan by Masco. They make low end products for Home Depot including cabinets. It comes down to how much you want to pay and how long you expect it to last. Good luck.

Old 03-22-06, 02:19 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Second Majakdragon's suggestions. Look for the brass waterways. Believe me, you can feel it when you pick it up as compared to the plastic ones. I have had good luck installing Price Pfister, Delta, Kohler, but the price is there, too. Think about if you want to keep this fixture for a long time or replace it every few years due to wear, cracking, etc.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: