box flange for pedestal sink

Old 04-24-06, 01:24 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
box flange for pedestal sink

I'm putting in a pedestal sink, and I need a box flange that's about 2 inches deep to cover the pvc coming out of the wall. Are they available that deep? (The only one I could find is 1-3/4" deep.) Or is there something else I could do to cover it?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Old 04-24-06, 08:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Truan: Welcome to the forums. Not sure why you need a "deep" cover. Maybe I am missing something, but covering up the hole beside the pipe going into the wall should be your primary concern, and if neatly done, the depth won't matter. Post back to correct me.

Old 04-25-06, 10:40 PM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The p-trap is chrome, which goes into the pvc waste pipe, which sticks out of the wall about 2". I want to cover the pvc with a chrome flange, but I can't seem to find one long enough to stick out from the wall far enough to cover all of the pvc.

Old 04-26-06, 05:42 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I have seen deep escutcheons online but most do not give the depth, only the pipe size. Your transition fitting (desanco) was installed too far out of the wall. If you can't find one deep enough, aluminum foil wrapped around the pipe or short escutcheon will detract from the plastic look. Only other solution is to cut the pipe back and install another transition piece. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: