bathroom wall minor reconstruction

Old 05-07-06, 06:04 PM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
bathroom wall minor reconstruction (PICS)

I have a bathroom wall which I just tore the moldings off the bottom of. I found that some of the molding didnt come off as easily as the other areas and left some wall damage along with it. Can anyone tell me how to make this look normal again? (the steel is showing)

Last edited by vandal; 05-07-06 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-08-06, 05:14 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Vandal: Welcome to the forums. You removed rubber base and the glue stayed. Common problem. You will probably have to use a scraper and take off the glue. That will mean some of the surface of the sheetrock will come off, too. That's ok. After you get all the offending peaks and tips of glue off, refloat the area with drywall compound. Personally I like using the powdered type that you mix up in small batches. It comes in several drying times, so get the one that you think you can handle. Have you considered the type of base molding you will be replacing this with? Might I suggest using MDF speed base. It is 5" high and will possibly cover all your boo boo areas and make a neat job. Post back if we can help further.

Old 05-08-06, 08:36 PM
V
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
you really know your stuff because I didnt even mention that it was a rubber base, i already like these forums, thanks for the welcome and the info!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: