Cabinet decorative hardware jig?

Old 06-27-06, 08:19 PM
biver
Visiting Guest
Cabinet decorative hardware jig?

I am about to install new pulls on cabinet drawers and doors, and I would like to know how the pros do it.

Is there a jig or template out there that I can get to make sure the things turn out straight and level etc?

I saw that Rockler makes a Drawer Pull JIG IT. This is nice, except for two things:
1) won't help me with cabinet doors, will it?
2) only goes up to 96mm, and we will have a few 160mm on large drawers.

Maybe I am better off making a template/jig on my own, but I found that I am not as good at making straight lines and 90 degree angles as those darn machines.

Old 06-28-06, 03:29 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
what ever you use for lining up i would not drill through the jig. you will make the holes bigger and out of round as you use it. i take a nail set and push it through the hole and dent the door or drawer front. then once you have everything marked you can go around and drill. with a good jig you can drill a kitchen in about 20 min.. with the amount of kitchens cabinets and different types of doors i make my own jig at the job that works best with the doors and drawers. it takes me just 10 mins to make a jig

Old 06-29-06, 09:56 AM
biver
Visiting Guest
thanks

This is useful, thanks.

Old 06-30-06, 10:19 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The big box stores have jigs for both cabinets and drawer pulls, but often its easier to make your own.

Old 07-01-06, 05:01 AM
W
Received 66 Upvotes on 57 Posts
Cabinet hardware

Are these new cabinets? Your post sounded like you are replacing existing hardware. If so, then buy hardware to fit the original holes.
If for new cabinets, after marking the drill positions, a brad point bit works well. It will not "crawl" when you begin to drill. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: