Bathroom addition.

Old 09-10-06, 06:25 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bathroom addition.

Hi Folk's!

Just a quick question.

I have a rec room in my house and want to convert it to a master bedroom and bath.This room is an addition and is on a concrete slab and is in the front of the house.How complicated do you think it would be to get plumbing there?I wanted to get an idea about this first before i go any farther..Hope i don't confuse anyone..

Thanx for any help!

Brian

Old 09-11-06, 05:30 AM
U
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A lot depends on where the plumbing lines are in your house. If your main plumbing stack is close to this area, you might be able to connect to it, saving you some digging. If not, but if the drain line going from your house to the sewer (or septic), runs under this slab, you might be able to connect to it (could be a ways down). If neither of these is your scenario, you could be in for some serious digging.

In just about every case, I think you have to count on busting up a large percentage of the floor within your future bathroom, and digging to run the drains. If you can connect to the main stack, you may have to cut a sizable hole in your existing foundation as well.

You will probably also have to provide for venting as well as drains.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: