Any hope for kitchen floor?

Old 09-25-06, 08:34 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Unhappy Any hope for kitchen floor?

I'm not the best housekeeper and when I noticed my kitchen floor getting dirty near the table where I eat, I just wrote it off to needing to be mopped and decided I'd get around to it eventually. Well, I got around to it tonight and discovered that one of the legs on a card table chair had worn thru it's protective cup and the dark place on the floor was not dirt but scratched linoleum (vinyl?) floor.

I'm just sick, as the kitchen was only redone about 6 years ago, and of course this spot is very visible. Does anyone have a secret cure for making grey scratches on light tan linoleum floor less visible? It will be a long time before I can afford to redo the floor... :-((

Thanks.

Old 09-28-06, 08:32 PM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Any hope for kitchen floor?

Did you save any remnants from when the floor was laid that include the pattern that is damaged? If so, contact the store where you bought it to see if the damaged area could be cut out and new flooring laid in place.

Old 09-29-06, 04:47 AM
L
Unhappy It's gone

The previous owners redid the kitchen and had saved a remnant along with a piece of the carpet they installed elsewhere. But I had a pipe burst my first winter here and flooded the area where the carpet and linoleum were being stored. I tossed the carpet and saved the linoleum for a while, but then had a bug problem in the same storage area and just gave up and cleaned it out, throwing the remnant away. I have no idea where the flooring came from. I guess I just have to tour the big box stores and see what I can find... :-(

Thanks for the thought, though.

Old 09-29-06, 11:10 AM
U
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Does your floor extend into a pantry or under the fridge? If so, you could take a patch piece out of one of those locations. A patch there wouldn't be as noticable. You could just swap to the two pieces. Just a thought.

Old 09-29-06, 03:35 PM
L
I'll see

I'll see if that works. When I moved in the previous owners had a mouse problem and under the stove and fridge was a massive mouse mess. I cleaned it up but am not sure what shape the floor is in. Thanks for the suggestion, though; it may work.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: