Countertops

Old 11-10-06, 12:45 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Countertops

hi, i am trying to polish my countertops and i have the tools to do the job, but i can't seem to get the result i want. Also when i use diamond polishing pads, it seems as though i have barely polished anything and they are already used up. Anybody have any suggestions?

Old 11-11-06, 11:03 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Welcome to the forums! It would help for us to know what type countertops you have. If they are formica, you can't polish them.

Old 11-11-06, 04:41 PM
B
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sure you can polish formica. With some 409 and paper towels lol. Assuming he is talking about granite, I never polished the entire surface but I have had to cut to size before out of a large slab and had to polish the edges. We used 5 different grits of diamond wet sponges, starting with the most course and working your way down to the finest. It was a tedious, time consuming project but worked to a mirror polish with a bit of patience.

Old 11-13-06, 08:31 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Start with a low grit and work your way up to the highest grit possible. You will not achieve the same look from the fabricator on the original marble or granite, but it will get you close. This should all be done with water otherwise there will be lots of dust. The sand paper is attached to a hand grinder which has the speed and pressure to polish. When through sanding, seal with penetrating sealer recommended for natural stone. Reseal as needed when drops of water no longer bead on surface. Clean and maintain with products recommended for natural stone.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: