Cabinets next to oven

Old 11-13-06, 05:04 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cabinets next to oven

We are planning a kitchen remodel, with new cabinets and countertops. We will be leaving our range in place which is 39" from the corner of the room. My problem is that I want to install a 36" x 36" lazy susan unit in the corner, which would leave a 3" gap between the edge of the range and the lazy susan. Moving the range is not an option, so I am wondering if it would be okay to put a 3" trim piece between the lazy susan and the range. I have heard that there could be problems with the trim warping, but perhaps that could be alleviated by reinforcing the trim piece. Are there any options here.

Thanks for your help.

Old 11-13-06, 05:33 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Range/dishwasher end panels are available with 3" stile to hide the gap and support the countertop.

Old 11-13-06, 07:08 PM
W
Received 26 Upvotes on 21 Posts
I used a 3" filler between my oven and corner cabinet. I don't understand why there should be a problem with warping. I used pocket screws and glue to install. Matching filler pieces should be available from your cabinet manufacturer.

Old 11-14-06, 04:41 AM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You have 3 choices on how you can fix this

1) Put a 3" filler on the Lasy susan and build a toe kick under it so it looks correct

2) Put a 3" filler on both sides of the range so it look even

3) Put fluted 3" filler on both sides of the range and it will look great.

Which ever you do make sure you adjust the upper cabinets so the hood or hood cabinet falls above the stove

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: