Bathroom wall tile Q's

Old 11-17-06, 07:34 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Bathroom wall tile Q's

I have read a few posts on removing bathroom tile. I have a house built in the 1950's with the 4x4 tile attached to what looks like wire mesh with about an inch or two of cement mortor. It seems like it will be a huge job to remove. I am not even sure how to go about it, any suggestions?

I have toyed with the idea of having the tiles reglazed white along with the tub. I am not sure how this will look, but it would make the job much easier. I know I would much rather have new ceramic tiles.

Any thoughts? I am a intermediate DIY'er. I have done some ceramic tile work in the past. Should I tackle removing the old tile? How difficult will it be??

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Old 11-18-06, 12:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
You have a built out wall with lath and tile applied over it with a roll over top tile as a bull nose for the top. Just a word, it will be a bear to do. The wall is basically concrete and demolition alone will take a great deal of time. Then you will have to rebuild the walls, install new wall covering or tilebacker for new tile. A big hammer and safety glasses will be your best friends, as all the others will run when they see what you are attempting.
Good luck with the project.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: