Can I paint on ceramic sink?

Old 11-23-06, 08:00 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile Can I paint on ceramic sink?

I cracked my ceramic sink (dropped a hammer). I would like to paint over the crack and make it look like some green vines traveling up the side. Is there any way to paint on a sink and have it stay on?

Old 11-23-06, 08:55 PM
S
Are you wanting to paint for decorative reasons or to hide the damage? If it's to hide the damage, there are methods to repair it that leave it unnoticeable to any one except you and the person who did the repair. I'm not sure there are repair kits for DIY, but I suppose there may be. I do, however, know there are folks who do such repairs with astonishing results. As for painting it, I'm not a painter so there may be a product available that will work, but you'll need a painter for that info or someone who's done it successfully.

Old 11-24-06, 08:33 AM
P
Thumbs up Thanks

Hi there,
I'm not sure what I want to do, but until you mentioned it I hadn't thought about professional repair. I know that sounds silly. I can take the sink out and deliver it. Do you know what type of business that I would call to have it repaired?
PP

Old 11-27-06, 10:41 AM
H
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
http://www.surface-repair.com/

Old 11-27-06, 12:23 PM
S
Silly? Not at all. We often get lost in the trees and can't find the forest and some times the simplest answers go unnoticed 'till someone else points them out. That's the beauty of this forum, lots of knowledgeable folks with different points of view.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: