bathroom fungi growing

Old 11-25-06, 08:25 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
bathroom fungi growing

i don't know exactly where this should be posted, so feel free to move to another post if needed...

my brother just moved into to a rental home...they have been there about 2 weeks total...in the bathroom is a problem...

directly behind the toilet (about 6-8 inches to the wall) is 2 mushrooms growing between the vinyl stick-on tile and the shoe molding...

what in the world is going on here and is this a health hazard??? should his landlord know and do something about this??? i told him there is definitely some water leaking or something going on...

he has 3 children aged 4 years to 2 months...

any ideas??? or should this go to another forum???

Old 11-25-06, 09:29 PM
S
I'd be contacting the landlord and squeaking loud. That can't be good and my guess is it's an indicator of possibly larger problems. That sort of thing is nothing to fool with.

Old 11-26-06, 08:47 AM
J
I agree with Smokey, that should be resolved immediately. If they don't get it resolved contact a lawyer.

Old 11-27-06, 01:05 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Domicile Cup Fungus

It is not uncommon to find this fungus growing where there have been moisture issues indoors. http://waynesword.palomar.edu/peziza.htm

Molds, mildew, and fungus thrive on damp surfaces. They are health concerns. Often they grow in wall voids and beneath floors.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: