Moving a wall vent to cabinet toekick

Old 12-26-06, 10:34 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: St. Louis Park
Posts: 59
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Moving a wall vent to cabinet toekick

Are there any websites available on how to move a wall vent to a base cabinet toe-kick?
What parts (adapters) do I need and what they look like?

I am installing cabinets in the kitchen where there orginally wasn't cabinets. The floor is open underneath so the ductwork (6" Round) is very accessible.
I am guessing I need an adapter to go the floor and then the toe kick. It would be nice to see some good instructions.
Old 12-26-06, 10:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 45,728
Received 854 Upvotes on 748 Posts
What I've seen done was to just use the bottom of the cabinet for the duct work and put the grille in the kick plate.

Since I built my own cabinets, I installed a board to deflect the air flow towards the grille and keep it going in the right direction. My wife was skeptical but really likes that warm air hitting her feet when she uses the sink in the winter time
Old 12-26-06, 10:41 AM
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 15,047
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Floor vent is intalled in toe kick.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: