Stainless look, BEHIND KITCHEN BACK SPLASH

Old 01-10-07, 05:23 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Stainless look, BEHIND KITCHEN BACK SPLASH

I have found SOME stainless sheets, but price is out of site. Any ideas on what could be used other than actual SS? I haven't found thin mateial that I could glue to something like discontinued formica type stuff, but heard it is available. Mybe formica offers a stainless look? I will look there tomorrow.

Flipping a $200k home and don't have a lot of budget left.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Dale
Indy

Old 01-11-07, 10:06 AM
i googled "stainless steel film" and got this:

http://www.glassdecorandmore.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=steel-film&source=overture&kw=stainless%20steel%20filmo

i'm sure there are MANY others.

Old 01-18-07, 06:20 PM
S
I did find formica that looks just like BRUSHED STAINLESS, so going with it.

Thanks,

Dale

Old 08-07-08, 11:05 PM
W
I had a local metal fabrication shop here in San Diego make my stainless steel form for a backsplash. It was about 16' long and 7-1/2" wide, 3/4" deep with one inside and one outside corner bend. I believe they used 22g SS, basically just bending the 3/4" lips on each side. I then veneered that to a doubled-up 3/8" cement board using construction adhesive and attached it to the wall along the countertop. The total cost of material and fabrication was only about $145, much cheaper than the countertop people were going to charge me. It's been in for 5 months now and I really like it -- it matches all my stainless steel appliances perfectly. I used aluminum colored caulk to blend in with the SS. You can see a picture of it in the 'did-it-myself' kitchen section of this do-it-yourself.com website, titled "Complete tear-out and remodel". NOTE: I know construction materials have gone up in the past year, so yes, the SS may be more expensive now.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: