copper counter/backsplash

Old 01-19-07, 10:24 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
copper counter/backsplash

I am remodelling a kitchen and would like to incorporate copper as part of the countertop or backsplash. Where do I get material from? Have you had any experience with copper?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-07, 12:17 PM
T
For backsplash, copper is available in sheets and in tiles. Copper countertops are also available. http://www.frigodesign.com/coppercounter.html

Availability of copper backsplash materials and countertop will depend on where you live. For instance, in my area in Appalachia none of the fabricators do copper.

Old 01-20-07, 12:29 AM
K
Find a local restaurant equipment manufacturer - the kind that does all that stainless commercial kitchen stuff. Smallish custom sheet metal work is their bread & butter; you're a homeowner wanting copper, not a sushi bar wanting stainless, but no matter, they'll be able to get the copper if it isn't on hand.

Don't go through the rich folks' custom kitchen people for this; they'll charge you a fortune to get it made up at the same shop you can deal with directly.

If you want copper sheet the cheapest way, and don't mind a bit of rough handling or inaccuracy, buy raw sheet from specialty roofing supply, then send it through a shop that normally bends custom flashings.