french quarter tile

Old 02-10-07, 10:25 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
french quarter tile

i have a small bathroom, 5x9, and i am thinking of tiling around the tub to the ceiling and the floor 5x7 with french quarter tile. spicy gumbo or mardi gras. does anyone have this in their bathroom? what does it look like? is it too busy? not sure if it is too much pattern for a small bathroom. i am not using any other tile just this in 12x12 their are no trim pices except bullnose which i will be putting at the end of the tub up to the ceiling on each side. what does anyone think?

Old 02-10-07, 12:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
In my opinion, 12x12 tile is to large for this size bathroom. I would go down to a smaller size. A smaller size tile will make your bathroom seem larger.

Old 02-10-07, 01:10 PM
H
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Im seeing more and more large format tile 12 x 12 or bigger these days. The only place im seeing smaller tile is on kitchen backsplashes. I havent installed this particular tile, but did check it out at daltile website just now. It would appear to be a ceramic "slate look a like". I havent seen the tile first hand but like the look. I dont think it will be too busy for that size bathroom at all. Its really a matter of taste - your taste.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: