large holes from old kitchen cabinet handles

Old 03-02-07, 08:03 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
large holes from old kitchen cabinet handles

I'd like to change the kitchen cabinet handles, but the new ones in the stores do not have the inserts that go inside the wodden doors. So the existing holes in the capinet doors are larger than most of the handles I've seen in the stores require. Should I try to use some kind of adjustors, like plastic tubes? or should I use a special kind of filler? Are there any places to look for the handles with inserts? Please, help, my wife bugs me about it.
Old 03-02-07, 10:22 AM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 6,416
Received 66 Upvotes on 57 Posts

Google "cabinet hardware" to find many sources of cabinet handles.

Measure the distance between the centers of the existing holes and make sure the handles you buy have this same dimension. All handles are not the same size.

Good luck.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: