How to remove ceramic fixtures from time

Old 03-24-07, 10:15 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to remove ceramic fixtures from time

I need to remove some old ceramic fixtures (soap dish and cup holder) from the existing ceramic tile that is on the walls, but don't know if I should even attempt this nor do I know what to use or how to begin. Any suggestions, or should I just leave them alone so as to not mess up the tiles that are there? Would appreciate feedback and input. Thanks!

Old 03-24-07, 01:53 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Are you replacing them or the tile? Are they broken or chipped? Remember if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Can you find matching tile like what you already have? You will need to replace, probably not only the tile where the fixture was, but the two adjacent tiles as well.

Old 03-24-07, 03:07 PM
T
If you have to remove the ceramic fixtures, then a carbide grout remover blade on a dremmel can be used. http://www.amazon.com/Fein-63502118016-Carbide-Grout-Removal/dp/B0000223PL

You can still damage adjacent tiles, especially if your hand slips.

Old 03-24-07, 03:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The carbide drill for doing such tasks cost me about $10. Glad I bought 2 because one of them snapped on me. Ooooh. $10 bucks right out the window. They are so skinny those things. But they have to be, to fit inbetween the tiles and cut out only the grout without cutting the tiles, which takes a steady hand. If you ever use one of these though, you will never ever go back to trying to do it by hand...that is for sure.

Old 03-24-07, 07:41 PM
J
Hammer it to pieces as long as you don't it the other tiles around it you'll be fine.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: