How-to Remove old tub ?

Old 04-05-07, 10:55 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question How-to Remove old tub ?

Our bathroom is 5 ft wide as is the tub. The tub is about 25 years old and is coated steel. I have removed the old tile and drywall and cut off the tub faucet flush with the wall. I cannot fihure out how to get the tub out of the room !! There is apparently no way to stand it up and turn it to get it out the door. How do contractors remove old tubs for renovation or replacement ??

Old 04-05-07, 12:15 PM
H
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
I assume you do have a steel tub, not cast iron. If theres no room to get it out, cut it into 3 sections with a recprocating saw. Remove the center piece first, then the end sections.

Old 04-05-07, 12:18 PM
R
Which won't, of course, do you any good when installing the new one. If you can't lift one side of the tub high enough to rotate it, then you won't be able to get the new one in! Cut back some more drywall. What's the difference if you have to patch a couple of extra feet?

Old 04-05-07, 02:06 PM
H
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Hey wait a second. Where does it say he's putting a new tub in. Did I miss that? Hmmm.

Old 04-05-07, 02:14 PM
R
Wink

I think it was towards the end when he mentioned "renovation or replacement" I don't really know for sure. Could be planning standing sponge baths

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: