Extra hole in my toilet?

Old 05-12-07, 04:45 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Extra hole in my toilet?

I just installed a new Krohler toilet. When you look at a profile view of the toilet towards the back there is a hole approximatley 2 to 2.5 inches in diameter. Is this just for looks or is there some function??

Thanks, Mark.

Old 05-12-07, 07:32 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I've never seen this before, but, then again, I haven't changed out a lot of toilets. The only thing I can think of is that this hole might be used to go over a floor water supply. Instead of water supplies that come out of the wall, maybe it's there for when people have floor mounted water.

Old 05-14-07, 03:48 AM
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Mark: is this hole in the tank or in the bowl? I have installed a number of Kohler toilets, but don't remember any holes in either. Maybe you could post a picture on a site such as photobucket.com and give us the url so we can see what you see. There may be some newer models out there that I have not seen yet that have a funky design change.

Old 05-14-07, 09:21 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Sounds like a casting hole. Never seen on that was visible once the toilet was installed though.

Yes, please do post a photo.

Old 05-22-07, 12:29 PM
M
Hi All,
I can't post a picture...I was helping a friend who was helping a friend. They may not unterstand if I knock on the door and ask if I can take a picture of there toilet??!!

It's in the bowl...towards the back (towards the wall)...Sort of in the area where the waste lupes around before going into the floor. I also think it's part of the casting process. I've gone to the Koehler site and can not find any picture or the exact model (which I have now forgotten).

Thank all for your ideas, Mark.

Old 05-22-07, 07:05 PM
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
OK, we were looking outside the box, not inside. The small hole takes part of the water pressure from the tank and assists in swirling the water near the bottom of the bowl, and is normal.
Whew, we were all thinking about an extra hole on the outside, that could have been a defect.

Old 05-24-07, 01:19 AM
L
Hello to all..

Well for me this is a grand first post and I think I will get to learn some information on that. I was thinking of getting new brand toilet accesories for my new shop here. So can I have some rough ideas what are the good international brand names which aint that expensive but could easily be avialable around the budget of US $ 12000 for initial investment..

Thanks for your time,

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: