Leaky bathroom sink

Old 05-28-07, 02:27 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Leaky bathroom sink

My bathroom sink has a leaky faucet and I'm not sure what needs to be done. I assume that I just remove the "faucet where the water comes out" and replace the washer? I know my technical terms are baffling (lol) but I really need help to make sure I do this right. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-07, 02:46 PM
Group Moderator
Received 722 Votes on 668 Posts
If a faucet is dripping, the problem is likely with the o-rings that are underneath the handle. The part where the water comes out is simply the aerator and has nothing to do with the leak. If you have a name-brand faucet you can get a handle kit. If it's a cheap off-brand you probably will need a new faucet.

Old 05-28-07, 09:27 PM
B
Thanks for your help. It's a Delta faucet with hot and cold handles, not just one. When I turn off the hot water spigot, the leak stops. Apparently, the leak only happens when the hot water is on.

Last edited by beatlebaby; 05-28-07 at 09:29 PM. Reason: more information
Old 05-29-07, 07:04 AM
G
How old is it and did you install it yourself? If its new it may still be under a warrenty, as well as if it were installed by someone you paid. It sounds like something just to be tightened though and not that serious a problem - if you did it yourself is there still a manual or something?

Old 05-29-07, 08:03 AM
B
This house was built in 2000 and I'm the second owner. It doesn't appear to be a "new" faucet, it just looks like the standard faucet homebuilders put in. So I'm pretty sure the faucet is about 7 years old. I am looking to update of course, but I'm working on my kitchen right now so I'd just like to fix this problem for now. Thank you again for everyone's help.