Matching Colors

Old 06-20-07, 12:39 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Matching Colors

I am re-doing my kitchen cabinets, countertops and floor. I am doing them one at a time. My cabinets are first as they were in the worst condition. Then then the counter top, and someday soon I will replace the floor. How do I choose the colors? If I choose grey cabinets do I choose gray countertop or grey floor. I don't want too much of the same color but I don't want to choose something that does not match. The only thing I have decided on is to use nickle hinges and door handles.

Old 06-21-07, 04:36 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No replies, not surprised, decorating is a personal choice thing. But you seem to be hung up on gray. Gray is a neutral, so you need something with color to make things work. Too many neutral colors make for a blah room. Cabinets are usually wood tone colors, be they light or dark, and there is nothing like the richness of wood. Just an opinion.

Old 06-21-07, 05:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I would have replied earlier, but my tongue hurt where I bit it. Thank you Bill for easing the entry.
Basically mausoleums are gray. Have you ever tried to match black pants with a black jacket. Can't do it.
Matching colors it bland. Throw it to the wind with wood cabinets, a brighter countertop and lively tiles. Yeah, purple and green don't wash, but you get the picture.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: