Quick Pitch Standard Kit and Dam corners

Old 07-23-07, 07:22 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Quick Pitch Standard Kit and Dam corners

Has anyone heard or more importantly used this product. Looks like a great product and simple to use.

It is a kit to get the correct pitch for building a shower pan.

I also wanted to know if it is absolute necessary to use pre-made dam corners for the liner or can I just make my own. I ask because I can't find anyone that carries them locally.

Thank you for any help

Old 07-23-07, 08:20 AM
H
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
I havent seen or used this system. Its an easy enough job to do without this kit though.

You can make your own dam corners. You can also order them on line from several companies. Noble company is one. Cut and past this into your browser.

Make sure you specify whether you need cpe or pvc dam corners.

http://www.noblecompany.com/Products/SheetMembranes/tabid/59/Default.aspx#products

Check out the schluter website as well. They have a product called kerdi. Its a complete shower system including a preslope, curb and everything else you need.

Old 07-23-07, 08:31 AM
S
I am ready to start tiling the walls if only I could do the dam corners myself which is why I was looking for a solution other than ordering them. Could you give me some instructions on how? I have already done the first layer of the dry mud and installed the liner and drain but like I stated before stuck at the curb. I figured I could just go ahead and make my own dam corners and use the x-15 I used when I did the drain.

I believe I can do the top mud layer but the kit is cheap enough and will give me some comfort of knowing the slope will be correct... I sure don't want to take my first shower and find puddles on the floor.

Last edited by DIYaddict; 07-23-07 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed
Old 07-24-07, 12:09 PM
H
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy the corners. Making them yourself will result in doubled and tripled up pan liner that will bulge out the backer board and cause you problems with the tile. Making the corners yourself may also result in leaks. I havent made my own in many years. Its just easier and problem free to buy them. Its not an easy thing to explain and I dont have any pictures. Sorry.

Old 07-24-07, 01:13 PM
S
Originally Posted by HeresJohnny
Do yourself a favor and buy the corners. Making them yourself will result in doubled and tripled up pan liner that will bulge out the backer board and cause you problems with the tile. Making the corners yourself may also result in leaks. I havent made my own in many years. Its just easier and problem free to buy them. Its not an easy thing to explain and I dont have any pictures. Sorry.
Your probably right, thanks for the help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: