Alien in the Shower!

Old 09-13-07, 10:29 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Alien in the Shower!

Several tiles fell off my shower wall not long ago. We taped weatherproof plastic over the hole until we could do repairs.
When we took off the plastic we found a fungus (green, blue, brown, orange, every color of the rainbow!) the size of a Thanksgiving turkey growing on the wall studs . Further DIY home inspection found a neon orange fungus growing in the A/C unit drip pan, so it's also probably in the ductwork. I'm not as concerned about the A/C monster as I am about the shower alien. Is this something that we can take care of ourselves, and if so, how??? Your advice is much appreciated!!!

Old 09-13-07, 11:41 AM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A long standing problem

I suspect the tiles fell off because moisture was getting behind the walls in the first place. By placing plastic over this area, you gave mold a perfect environment to grow in which is hot and humid, i.e. a bathroom.

Mold is nothing to kid around with. It can cause significant health issues and in very susceptible people, even death.

You say you are not worried about mold in the ducts--you should be really concerned about this area as this is the air you breath everyday in your house.

You should have a professional assessment done of your home. Check with your local Health Dept. for reputable mold eradication companies.

Old 09-16-07, 03:44 PM
Q
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts
It's the invasion of the extra-terrestrials. Run for your life, dear.

Hahahahahahahaha.................

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: