kitchen appliance size

Old 10-22-07, 09:50 AM
Question kitchen appliance size

Hi,
i'm a little confused. do the integrated appliances need to be the same height as each other?? also do they actually go into kitchen units or do you just attach a kitchen door to them??

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-07, 03:55 PM
I hope I am not being too critical.........but I have no idea to what you refer. What type of appliances??? A range or dishwasher is usually countertop height, countertop appliances can be whatever their job requires. They are not all the same.

Old 10-24-07, 08:20 AM
Knowing the measurements of specific appliances is important to successfully integrate them into a kitchen design. Measurements can vary for height and width.

For instance, a standard dishwasher width is 24" but 18" wide dishwashers are available. While most prefer dishwasher to go beneath the counter, some prefer them raised for greater ease of inserting and removing dishes without bending over. There a variety of kitchen stove widths, and these are usually at counter height. Refrigerators, too, can vary in height and width from under the counter to 70" or more in height. Rangehoods are typically the width of the stove beneath. For instance, a 30" stove or cooktop would require a 30" wide hood, a 36" would require a 36" hood. Rangehoods over stoves and microwave vent units are mounted under cabinet above the stove. Stoves in islands or peninsulas can utilize a ceiling mounted vent or utilize a downdraft system. ove. Standard microwaves can be installed in a microwave cabinet or in a microwave shelf cabinet. Trash compactors are installed beneath the counter.

If considering purchasing appliances, explore cabinetry showrooms and study kitchen layouts in magazines and online to gather ideas and explore options. Also visit appliance showrooms. Take a tape measure or ask the the sales rep what the space requirements are for the appliances you like. You must know these before sitting down with a kitchen designer. If installing new appliances in an existing kitchen, replacement appliances purchased must be of a size that can be integrated into the existing design.

The are small appliances that can be mounted undercabinets. These include such appliances as can openers, coffee makers, etc.