Installing Dishwasher

Old 12-17-07, 06:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installing Dishwasher

We my husband and I purchased our house, the kitchen didn't have a dishwasher. Luckily (or not) one of our friends was remodeling her kitchen and gave us her built-in dishwasher. Here is the problem: we have had this dishwasher for almost a year now and have not used it because it needs to be installed. My husband swears that we need to box it in before we can use it or install it but he has no idea how to do this. How can we do this?

Old 12-18-07, 07:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Do you have a cabinet of appropriate width you want to sacrifice? or if you could match the cabinets you could sacrifice a larger cabinet and replace with the dishwasher+a smaller cabinet. It also needs to be near the sink for the drain and water supply hook-ups.

In my opinion, unless there just happens to be a space near the sink you want to use, you may need to a) remodel the kitchen making space for the dishwasher or b) get a portable dishwasher that hooks up to the sink and rolls into a corner when not in use.

Old 12-18-07, 07:54 AM
C
Received 119 Votes on 94 Posts
Installing a dishwasher is a fairly simple job. The most important thing is location. The best place for the dishwasher is alongside the sink. You will have to decide if you are willing to sacrifice some cabinets (or move some cabinets) to get a built in dishwasher.

If you visit the website of the DW manufacturer you should be able to download installation instructions.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: