Tighten Kitchen Faucet

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-07, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tighten Kitchen Faucet

I have a one piece Moen Faucet that is very loose on the handle. Can't see where or how to tighten it up. Does anyone have any advice??

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-07, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator
loose handle

Hi frank,

If you are talking about an acrylic handle that you pull and turn to adjust flow and temp, this will help. There is a button on the top of the handle. Normally where the hot/cold arrows and Moen logo are. This pops out using a knife tip or small screwdriver. Some have a tiny notch you can put the point in, others you just have to carefull pry up at the seam btwn button and handle. Inside is a phillips screw that threads into the valve stem. Tighten it, put the button back, yer done.

btw I normally put a drop of the wifes nail polish on the screw threads. This acts like Loctite, but is easy to remove if necessary.

Good Luck

Old 07-24-08, 07:37 PM
I have a similar problem. The handle itself is loose, but the faucet is slightly different from what has been described here. I popped up the Moen logo on the front of the handle, but I only see a hole for an Allen wrench. Tightening this doesn't solve the problem. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Old 07-25-08, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator
ket...does the handle come off after you pop out the logo?

You should have a screw in there I think. Never saw one with an allen under the logo cap. Normally a flanged phillips or one with a washer. Unless it was replaced in the past.

You can find diagrams here....

http://www.moen.com/buymoen/buyparts/index.cfm

Old 07-25-08, 11:23 AM
Make sure you're not seeing a phillips screw that has been stripped out.

Old 07-25-08, 06:16 PM
It's possible that it's a stripped phillips screw hole, but I think it's an Allen wrench hole. The handle doesn't come off. It kind of looks like this diagram that I found here:

http://www.moen.com/consumersupport/...1/moen0101.cfm

Old 07-25-08, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator
Well, yer right, that prob is an allen, and you'll prob have to drill it out and replace the handle. Those kind of handles have a tendency to freeze to the screw. Maybe plenty of wd-40 over a few days, but if the allen is already stripped...ehhhh

Replacing the whole fixture would prob be simpler.

Go to Moen's site, already referenced, and see if theres a simpler way.

Old 01-29-13, 04:13 PM
How to tighten handle on Moen kitchen faucet

Folks:

To tighten the single handle Moen faucets, remove the plastic cap on the handle (silver or red/blue). You can do this with your fingernail or a small screwdriver.

Next (on my model), use the "infamous" STAR Screwdriver (TORX T10), which is available at Sears, etc. This driver fits perfectly, and even though the screw looks like an Allen Wrench socket - it is not!

Tighten then re-cap... Note that this is the same screw that you would presumably unscrew to replace the cartridge in the unit, should that be leaking.

Old 01-30-13, 05:08 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Good information. Only thing, it is a 5 year old thread. I will leave the comment, as others may can gain information from it, but I will close the thread to keep down extraneous posts.

Closed Thread