Countertop Cutout?

Old 01-22-08, 06:08 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Countertop Cutout?

I have a wet-bar in my family room and I am wanting to put in a kegerator. But, the place I want to put it is occupied by a cabinet with countertop. I do not want to remove the whole cabinet but instead make a space in the middle of the cabinet/countertop where I can fit the kegerator in. This space looks like a desk where you can pull up a chair and has a small drawer underneath the countertop. The rest is empty space underneath. How should I go about removing this section of the cabinet/countertop? I do not want to replace any countertop or anything. I just want to make a space for the kegerator and make it look clean. I also want to be able to replace anything I remove if at all possible if I later decide to sell the house and take the kegerator with me. Any ideas on how about taking on this project without destroying the surrounding cabinetry/countertop?

Old 01-23-08, 08:30 AM
T
If the keg will fit beneath counter, you can remove the knee space drawer and slide it in. Drawer can be reinstalled. If keg will not fit beneath counter, then it will require raising the counter.

Old 01-23-08, 09:13 AM
A
It will not fit underneath the cabinet even with the drawer out. How do you go about raising the countertop if it's still connected to the the rest of the cabinet that I won't be removing?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: