Interior bathroom hopper window

Old 02-01-08, 10:06 AM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Interior bathroom hopper window

Hello all.

I am doing a bathroom remodel and have been searching for an interior bathroom hopper window however unable to find one. The set-up is similiar to the door/window design of the 60's govt office or schools where the window is above the door and glass is frosted. Does anyone know of anyone that carries these? I guess building one is an option too.

Thanks for the help

Old 02-01-08, 11:55 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 862 Upvotes on 754 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Are you refferring to a transom window?

I don't know where you would get one that opens although you see new/remodeled homes with a fixed glass that resembles one. They are built on site with glass cut to fit.

Old 02-01-08, 12:11 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Interesting. You could always find a movable window unit from a double hung window, build a frame for it, hinge the bottom with a piano hinge and install fastening hardware at the top, as well as chain or brass stops to keep it from flopping on your head. You can find the hardware at Rockler's.

Old 02-05-08, 03:39 PM
I
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
marksr,
A transom would work and may be the option of choice using glass block as I am also installing a block wall for the walk-in shower.

chandler,
Thanks for the suggestion, I will investigate further. I really was looking for for something simple as the whole remodel hasn't been my most enjoyable project but I know how to do it and better the next time

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: