Uneven Wall/Shower Door Install

Old 03-17-08, 11:03 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Uneven Wall/Shower Door Install

The wall at the top of my shower pan is 45 1/4 inches across, but the wall at eye level is 46 1/4 inches. Is there a way around this? Special order door or tips to assist me? Appreciate any help

Old 03-17-08, 11:08 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Most all shower doors allow for some variance. One full inch is a lot but you should be able to make it work, just depends on the door system you choose.

A pivot hinge would be the wiser choice I think.

Old 03-17-08, 11:16 AM
S
Appreciate the quick reply!

I would love a pivot door, but don't have the room. Small bathroom with toilet in the way of a swinging door. So basically I need to install the frame to the side walls/pan and the side frame should cover the 1/2 variance on each side?

Old 03-17-08, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
SD8

You should be able to get the bypass doors to function ok, but the joints where the doors meet the frame and where they meet at the middle could be an issue.

IOW, if your top track and bottom track are level to each other, but the sides slope in at the bottom, (btw, do both sides lean in equally, or is one severely out of plumb?) you may have a gap at one top side or the other, or both, as the bottoms could meet the frame before the tops.

Shower doors have some range of adjustment, but as BC said, an inch is a lot of variance.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: