Shower wall repair guy

Old 03-29-08, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shower wall repair guy

Had a plumbing problem, got it fixed but I'm left with a hole in the wall where the plumber cut the tile to access the pipes. I don't think I want to attempt to fix this myself since I don't have the right tools -- the problem is, I'm not sure what kind of contractor to call to fix it... I'm not sure if tile guys do wall repair or just lay tile. Or should I find a handyman or what?

What kind of backerboard should I get? The hole is about a one foot square. Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Old 03-29-08, 10:58 AM
H
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Micha View Post
I'm not sure if tile guys do wall repair or just lay tile.
A tile guy - Yep.

Old 03-29-08, 11:08 AM
T
Any tile company will be able to repair the hole - probably a number of handymen also.... You shouldn't need to purchase any materials if you're going to hire someone to fix the problem.. they will have everything needed to fix the issue.

If (IF) the plumber didn't destroy the tiles when he removed them, then the problem is relatively simple to fix.... Might be a good time to begin your apprenticeship into the world of DIY.....(if your so inclined)...

Old 03-29-08, 11:08 AM
Cool... thanks!

Old 03-29-08, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by thezster View Post
Any tile company will be able to repair the hole - probably a number of handymen also.... You shouldn't need to purchase any materials if you're going to hire someone to fix the problem.. they will have everything needed to fix the issue.

If (IF) the plumber didn't destroy the tiles when he removed them, then the problem is relatively simple to fix.... Might be a good time to begin your apprenticeship into the world of DIY.....(if your so inclined)...
I'm afraid these tiles are not salvageable and any tile guy will probably tell me the same. Finding tiles the same color will probably be near impossible, but my choices are limited.

I've been a DIYer for many years, but I just don't have the right tools, nor the desire to tackle this one -- I'm getting old and tired!!

Old 03-29-08, 11:36 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You won't likely match the tiles so hire a tileguy that can find the proper materials and make the repair as it should be. Tile size may also be an issue.

You could also remove and relace other random tiles (that don't need replacing) to make the patch look more like a design then a repair.

Old 03-29-08, 12:00 PM
Thanks! I think you're right -- I had thought of replacing other tiles to make a design --maybe in a contrasting or complimenting color.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: